Our Mission & Beliefs
a gathering place where together we pursue a spirit-filled life in Christ
The Fellowship of Believers, Inc. is an interdenominational, Spirit-filled, Bible based Christian Church. This self-governing church is exclusively established for the purpose of maintaining a place for the worship of Almighty God, our Heavenly Father; to provide for Christian fellowship for those of like precious faith, where the Holy Spirit may be honored, according to our distinctive testimony; to assume our share of the responsibility and privilege of propagating the Gospel of Jesus Christ by all available means, both at home and abroad. Furthermore, Fellowship of Believers is committed to the equipping of the saints for the work of the ministry as described in Ephesians 4:11– 16 below and herby embrace the ministry gifts of Apostles, Prophets, Evangelists, Pastors and Teachers as given by Jesus for the purpose indentified in this passage.
We exist to be a habitation of the Holy Spirit,
proclaiming the transforming power of Jesus Christ,
impacting our community and world with the love of the Father.
Our Core Values
Our Commitment to God
“And you shall love the LORD your God with all your heart, with all your soul, with all your mind, and with all your strength.’ This is the first commandment.” Mark 12:30
Our Commitment to One Another
“Let love be without hypocrisy. Abhor what is evil. Cling to what is good. Be kindly affectionate to one another with brotherly love, in honor giving preference to one another; not lagging in diligence, fervent in spirit, serving the Lord; rejoicing in hope, patient in tribulation, continuing steadfastly in prayer; distributing to the needs of the saints, given to hospitality.” Romans 12:9-13
Our Commitment to Spiritual Growth
“For this very reason, make every effort to supplement your faith with virtue, and virtue with knowledge, and knowledge with self-control, and self-control with steadfastness, and steadfastness with godliness, and godliness with brotherly affection, and brotherly affection with love.” 2 Peter 1:5-7
Our Commitment to Serve &
Share the Gospel
“Go therefore and make disciples of all the nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father and of the Son and of the Holy Spirit, teaching them to observe all things that I have commanded you; and lo, I am with you always, even to the end of the age.” Matthew 28:19-20
Statement of Faith
- We believe the Holy Bible to be the inspired, the only infallible, authoritative Word of God.
We believe that there is one God, eternally existent in three persons: Father, Son and Holy Spirit.
- We believe in the deity of our Lord Jesus Christ, in His virgin birth, in His sinless life, in His miracles, in His vicarious and atoning death through His shed blood, in His bodily resurrection, in His ascension to the right hand of the Father, and in His personal return in power and glory.
- We believe that if you confess with your mouth the Lord Jesus and believe in your heart that God has raised Him from the dead, you will be saved. For with the heart one believes unto righteousness, and with the mouth confession is made unto salvation.
- We believe that the Holy Spirit regenerates, forever indwells, and graciously equips the Christian for Godly living and for service. Subsequent to our conversion, the Spirit desires to fill, empower, and anoint believers for ministry and witness.
- We believe that signs and wonders, as well as all the gifts of the Spirit described in the New Testament, are operative today and are designed to testify to the presence of the kingdom and to empower and edify the Church to fulfill its calling and mission.
- We believe that water baptism by immersion and the Lord’s Supper are the two ordinances of the Church to be observed until the time of Christ’s return.
- We believe that the local church is God’s primary instrument through which God is fulfilling His redemptive purposes in the earth. To equip the saints for the work of ministry, God has given the Church apostles, prophets, evangelists, pastors, and teachers. We also affirm the priesthood of all believers and the importance of every Christian being joined with and actively involved in a local church.
- We believe that God has called the Church to preach the Gospel, and work to meet the needs in our city, our nation, and world. This ministry is an expression of the heart of the Lord Jesus Christ and is an essential part of the kingdom of God.
- We believe that purity is essential and that all Christian believers must abstain from adultery, fornication, incest, homosexuality, being under the influence of alcohol or drugs, or other practices forbidden by Scripture.
- We believe that heaven is the glorious eternal home of born-again believers (John 14:1-3) and hell is a place of eternal torment for all who reject Christ as their Savior. (Mark 16:16, Rev. 20:10, 15).
- We believe that Godly relationships are essential to growing in our faith. Therefore, we will speak the truth in love, see the best in others, and always work to resolve conflict, as evidence to others of our faith in Christ.
These Core Beliefs do not exhaust the extent of our faith. The Holy Scriptures are the sole and final source of all that we believe. We do believe, however, that the following statements accurately represent the teachings of the Holy Bible and therefore are binding upon all members.
- Baptism of the Holy Spirit – We believe that the baptism of the Holy Spirit is to endue the believer with power; and that his incoming is after the same manner as in Bible days. (Acts 1:4, Acts 1:8, Acts 2:4)
- Baptism and the Lord’s Supper – We believe that baptism by immersion is an outward sign of an inward work. We believe in the commemoration of the Lord’s Supper by the symbolical use of the bread and the juice of the vine. (Matthew 28:19, Acts 19:5, 1 Corinthians 11:28, Colossians 3:17)
- Church Relationship – We believe it is our sacred duty to identify ourselves with the visible church of Christ. (Acts 16:5)
- Civil Government – We believe that God has ordained and created all authority consisting of three basic institutions; the home, the church, and the state. Every person is subject to these authorities, but all are answerable to God and governed by His Word. God has given each institution specific Biblical responsibilities and balanced those responsibilities with the understanding that no institution has the right to infringe upon the other. (Romans 13:1-7; Ephesians 5:22-24; Hebrews 13:17)
- Daily Christian Life – We believe that it is the will of God that we be sanctified daily, growing constantly in the faith. (Hebrews 6:1)
- Divine Healing – We believe that divine healing is the power of Christ to heal the sick in answer to the prayer of faith. (James 5:14-16, Psalm 103:3)
- Evangelism – We believe that God has commissioned his church to evangelize the world and make disciples and that this is the first priority of God’s people in the earth. (Matthew 28:19-20; Acts 1:8)
- Heaven – We believe that heaven is the glorious eternal home of born-again believers. (John 14:1-3)
- Hell – We believe that hell is a place of eternal torment for all who reject Christ as their Savior. (Mark 16:16, Revelation 20:10, 15)
- Human Life – We believe that since mankind is created in God’s image, human life is of inestimable worth and significant in all its dimensions, from conception to the grave. (Genesis 1:27; Psalms 139:13-16)
- Human Sexuality – We believe that sexual purity is a necessary expression for all of God’s children and requires abstinence from adultery, fornication, incest, homosexuality, or other sexual practices forbidden by Scripture.(Leviticus 18:1-30; Romans 1:26-29; I Corinthians 6:18; Hebrews 13:4)
- Lawsuits Between Believers – We believe that Christians are scripturally prohibited from bringing civil lawsuits against other believers or the church to resolve personal disputes. We believe the church possesses all the resources necessary to resolve personal disputes between believers. We believe the Holy Scriptures outline specific steps for resolving disputes between believers. (I Corinthians 6:1-8; Ephesians 4:31-32; Matthew 18:15-17)
- Marriage – We believe that the only legitimate marriage is the joining of one man and one woman in covenant commitment for a lifetime and is a sacred institution established by God. (Genesis 2:24; Matthew 19:4-6)
- Moderation – We believe that the experience and daily walk of the believer should never lead him into extremes of fanaticisms. (Philippians 4:5)
- Repentance and Acceptance – We believe that upon sincere repentance, and a whole-hearted acceptance of Christ, we are justified before God. (Luke 13:3, Romans 5:1, 1 John 1:9)
- Salvation through Grace – We believe that we have no righteousness and must come to God pleading the righteousness of Christ. (Ephesians 2:8)
- The Eternal Godhead – We believe there is one God. God is Triune; Father, Son and Holy Ghost. (Deuteronomy 6:4, Matthew 28:19, 2 Corinthians 13:14, 2 Peter 1:20-21)
- The Fall of Man – We believe that man was created in the image of God, but that by voluntary disobedience he fell from perfection. (Romans 5:12
- The Final Judgment – We believe that all shall stand some day before the judgment seat of God; and there receive eternal life or death. (2 Corinthians 5:10)
- The Gifts and Fruit of the Spirit – We believe that the Holy Spirit has gifts to bestow upon the Christian; and that we should show spiritual fruit as evidence of a Spirit-filled life. (1 Cor. 12:1-11, Galatians 5:22)
- The Holy Scriptures – We believe the Bible to be the inspired, the only infallible authoritative word of God. (2 Timothy 3:16-17)
- The New Birth – We believe that the change which takes place in the heart and life at conversion is absolutely essential. (John 3:3, 1 Corinthians 5:17)
- The Plan of Redemption – We believe that while we were yet sinners, Christ died for us, signing the pardon for all who believe on Him. (John 3:16, Acts 4:12)
- The Second Coming of Christ – We believe that the second coming of Christ is personal and imminent. (John 14:3, Acts 1:11, 1 Thessalonians 4:16-17)
- The Spirit Filled Life – We believe that it is the will of God that we walk in the Spirit daily. (Galatians 5:16, 25, Colossians 2:6)
- The Virgin Birth – We believe in the deity of our Lord Jesus Christ, in His virgin birth, in His sinless life, in His miracles, in His vicarious and atoning death through His shed blood, in His bodily resurrection, in His ascension to the right hand of the Father. (Isaiah 7:14, Luke 24:39, Hebrews 4:15)
- Tithes & Offerings – We believe that the method ordained of God for the support and spread of His cause is by giving of tithes and free-will offerings. (Malachi 3:10, 2 Corinthians 9:7)
- Unity of Believers – We believe in the spiritual unity of believers in our Lord Jesus Christ. (John 17:21)