We are a Spirit-filled church that believes that God continues to work through us with all of the Gifts of the Spirit. Here at Fellowship of Believers, we try to have a balanced approach to ministry where we keep a strong emphasis on worship, teaching of the Word, outreach & missions, and continued discipleship.
Our vision is to bless this city with the hope of Jesus Christ, and to produce fully devoted disciples for Christ. Whether it’s your first time or you’ve recently become part of the family, we want to welcome you and also help you look for ways to get more connected and involved.
Building People to Change the World!
To advance the Kingdom of God, transforming the culture of our community and world.
Our Core Values
Consecration, Community, Cultivation and Commission
Our Commitment To God
“Jesus said to him, “You shall love the Lord your God with all your heart, with all your soul, and with all your mind.” – Matthew 22:37
- We believe our first and foremost responsibility as a church is to love God and help others to know His love. Everything we do must have this as our chief goal!
- F.O.B. encourages the spirit of consecration by allowing the Holy Spirit to guide our meetings, giving an opportunity for people to respond to sermons with prayer and encouragement
- We also have a great Care Ministry, providing counseling and practical help to members
Our Commitment To One Another
- “Let love be without hypocrisy. Abhor what is evil. Cling to what is good. Be kindly affectionate to one another with brotherly love, in honor giving preference to one another; not lagging in diligence, fervent in spirit, serving the Lord; rejoicing in hope, patient in tribulation, continuing steadfastly in prayer; distributing to the needs of the saints, given to hospitality” Romans 12:9-13
- Loving God and loving people is what it’s all about!
- F.O.B. encourages growth in relationships by emphasizing ongoing participation in our Small Groups and Church Ministries.
- Psalm 100:4-5 remind us to “Enter His gates with thanksgiving, and His courts with praise! Give thanks to Him, bless His name! For the Lord is good; His steadfast love endures forever, and His faithfulness to all generations.”
- Together we lift up God as we meet together. Our worship to God is to be based on Biblical teaching and can be expressed in many ways including: With singing (Psalm 147:1), With a new song (Psalm 96:1), With musical instruments (Psalm 150:3-5), With lifted hands (Psalm 134:2), With dancing (Psalm 149:3), With clapping hands and shouting (Psalm 47:1), With Kneeling (Psalm 95:6), With Psalms, Hymns & Spiritual Songs (Colossians 3:16), In spirit & in truth (John 4:23), In giving of our tithes and offerings (Malachi 3:8-10), By giving encouragement and forgiveness to others (Colossians 3:16)
Our Commitment To Spiritual Growth
- “For this very reason, make every effort to supplement your faith with virtue, and virtue with knowledge, and knowledge with self-control, and self-control with steadfastness, and steadfastness with godliness, and godliness with brotherly affection, and brotherly affection with love.” 2 Peter 1:5-7
- It is our desire to disciple believers and present them mature in Christ. Colossians 1:28-29 says, “Him we proclaim, warning every man and teaching every man in all wisdom, that we may present every man mature in Christ. For this I toil, striving with all the energy which He mightily inspires within me.”
- Ephesians 4:11-13 says, “And his gifts were that some should be apostles, some prophets, some evangelists, some pastors and teachers to equip the saints for the work of the ministry, for the building up of the body of Christ, until we all attain to the unity of the faith of the knowledge of the Son of God, to mature manhood . . .”
- We are committed to growing in Christ, becoming more and more like Him. Just as in farming, this is a process. F.O.B. encourages cultivation by providing many teaching and training groups. Our ministries and Bible College are dedicated to building spiritual momentum in people’s lives.
Our Commitment To Serve And Share The Gospel
- “Go therefore and make disciples of all the nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father and of the Son and of the Holy Spirit, teaching them to observe all things that I have commanded you; and lo, I am with you always, even to the end of the age.” Amen! Matthew 28:19-20
- God has commanded us all to reach out to others to share the Gospel. FOB encourages the Great Commission by providing many serving and outreach ministries.
- 2 Corinthians 5:19-20 reminds us that “In Christ, God was reconciling the world to Himself, not counting their trespasses against them, and entrusting to us the message of reconciliation. So we are ambassadors for Christ, God making His appeal through us.” So we are called to be ambassadors for Christ, ministers of reconciliation.
- Acts 1:8 says, “But you shall receive power when the Holy Spirit has come upon you; and you shall be my witnesses in Jerusalem and in all Judea and Samaria and to the end of the earth.” So as the Lord fills us up and equips us, we are to overflow into others.